The Gateway Ice Rink Terms & Conditions:
1. The Gateway Ice Rink reserves the right to refuse admission to the ice rink, and any area surrounding the ice rink and/or the venue and shall be entitled to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all visitors.
2. The Gateway Ice Rink shall be entitled to remove anyone from the venue, or any attraction, at any time, who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who, in the reasonable opinion of the Staff, is conducting themselves in a manner inappropriate to their continued attendance. The Gateway Ice Rink shall be entitled to request visitors leave the venue at any time. In this eventuality no refund will be given for any ticket cost or payments made to the Gateway Ice Rink, or any associated attractions.
3. The Gateway Ice Rink reserves the right to close the rink and /or the area surrounding the rink, or any part of the venue at short notice and without prior warning if necessary.
4. Smoking (including use of e-cigarettes), eating, drinking and the use of photographic and recording equipment or mobile phones is prohibited whilst on the ice. This is to maintain a safe environment for users of the rink. Only food and drink which has been purchased from the venue can be consumed within the café / bar area / viewing area.
5. By entering the site, visitors consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded and consent to such photographs, films or recordings being used by the Gateway Ice Rink to publicise the event in the future.
6. Wheelchair access – The ice rink does cater for wheelchair users, providing they are attending the allocated accessible sessions and accompanied by a chaperon. The Gateway Ice Rink is not able to provide additional staffing or dedicated support, at the rink or on the ice.
7. Chaperon’s tickets are available and may be booked online however entitlement to these tickets must be proven at the ticket check point, prior to the session start time, if applicable. The Gateway Ice Rink reserves the right to charge full price entry if no such proof can be provided.
8. The ticket holder only has a right to the session outlined up to the corresponding value stated on the ticket.
9. Ticket holders cannot sell, cancel or transfer their tickets under any circumstances. Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of the Gateway Ice Rink. The Gateway Ice Rink will not be responsible for any tickets which are lost, stolen or purchased in error.
10. The standard skating ticket price includes a non-refundable £2.00 booking fee per ticket.
11. All tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue, as well as licensing laws.
12. Admission to the ice rink is by ticket only. All ice skaters must have a valid ticket. All tickets are issued subject to rules and regulations of the venue.
13. Each ice-skating session is up to 45 minutes long.
14. Each visitor is responsible for attending their session 15 - 30 minutes before the allocated session time starts. The Gateway Ice Rink is not liable if the visitor arrives late for any reason and misses their session. The Gateway Ice Rink is not obliged to refund the ticket or reallocate a new session time.
15. For Health & Safety reasons there is a minimum age limit of 4 years old. Children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult on the Ice. Children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult rink side. Children under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult on site.
16. Skate aids are only available on the door for purchase. Any skate aids will be available on a first come, first served basis (subject to availability). Skate aids can come in a variety of types and will be allocated at random when issued, therefore there is no option to choose the type of skate aid you receive.
17. Skate aids are available in limited numbers. The Gateway Ice Rink is under no obligation, and is unable, to provide a skate aid for all children.
REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING
18. In the event any session is cancelled or curtailed by The Gateway Ice Rink, ticket holders will be offered alternative sessions (subject to availability) if less than 30 minutes of ice-skating time has taken place during that session.
19. The ice rink will operate in almost all weather conditions. This is an outdoor event - no refunds or exchanges will be given due to inclement weather. If you choose not to attend your allocated session due to the weather conditions or decide to leave early, no refund, either in part or in whole, will be given.
20. If you have been removed from the ice rink or venue for inappropriate behaviour, you will not be issued a refund or an alternative session.
21. All customers that ice skate or enter any part of the venue do so at their own risk.
22. Participating in ice skating carries an inherent risk. Any participation is totally at the user’s own risk. Anyone with any medical conditions, serious previous injuries, recently broken bones, knee or joint problems, head injuries, pregnancy, mobility problems, or taking prescribed drugs, should carefully consider whether it is safe for them to participate without endangering themselves or other participants whilst ice skating. The Gateway Ice Rink is not liable for any injury, loss or damage however caused.
23. The Gateway Ice Rink accepts no responsibility for damage, loss or theft of any personal property that occurs whilst ticket holders are on any part of the site.
24. Cloakrooms are used entirely at your own risk. The Gateway Ice Rink does not accept any liability for loss, theft or damage except if caused by intent or gross negligence of the company or its employees.
Gateway Ice Rink Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions 2023
1. Gift Vouchers are valid for this year’s Ice-skating sessions. The last day of skating is 1st January 2024. Vouchers must be redeemed and used by this date.
2. Vouchers must be used ONLINE only.
3. Unused Gift vouchers cannot be refunded under any circumstance.
4. Gift vouchers expire on the 1st January 2024 and they cannot be used after that date.
5. Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
6. Vouchers are set to a specific amount and no change will be given for any unused portions.
7. Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent, then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event, you may not sell the Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Vouchers by you to a third party.
8. We are not responsible if a Gift Voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.